» Help!!
rreger1212
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 168

Rep: none

Awards: None

I've had my grey for 4 years. Since day one he has come to work with me. At home he would sleep on his bed in my room. I now have an 8 month old baby. Tuffman is driving me crazy!! I was very careful about introducing him to our new family member and think I've done a good job of keeping up the routine Tuffman and I have established over the last several years. He doesn't seem to have an issue with the baby but all of a sudden he had to be in the same room with me all the time! When I go to the bathroom at work he sits outside the door. If I go in my bosses office he follows. He paces all the time. He never did this before. He follows me from room to room and I I constantly trip over him (which makes me yell then I feel instantly ashamed). I know adding a baby can be stressful but to be honest, Tuffman is stressing me out more than motherhood. Please help!!
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: 1

Sometimes when you introduce a baby in the picture, and you spend more time with it then you do with your grey and after all you spent more time with your grey. They can feel left out even though you try to keep the same routine.
Some greys don't have a problem. I would give your grey more time and let your husband deal with the baby. LOL

Does Tuffman go to work with you still? I would do something fun with Tuffman each day or give a special treat or more attention.

Good luck. It will all work out.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
rreger1212
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 168

Thanks for the reply. Yes he still comes to work with me and we take an extra walk at night after the baby is down for the night. Hopefully this is just a phase!
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: 1

I agree it's probably a phase. Keep us updated.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
mom2paisley
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 29

Rep: 0 pts

It's probably a phase and might take some time before all is good.
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll