mountain4greys
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Rep: none

Awards: 1

MIAMI (UPI) -- Miami officials said someone stole one of the two rooster statues installed outside a Little Havana bar.

Pablo Canton, administrator of the Miami Neighborhood Enhancement Team office in Little Havana, said one of the two $3,000 painted roosters from in front of El Pub on Southwest Eighth Street was discovered to have been stolen early Friday, El Nuevo Herald, Miami, reported Wednesday.

Canton, who painted the rooster himself after founding the project to install the painted roosters around the neighborhood in 2003, said the rooster had been bolted to a metal plate on the sidewalk and superglued into place.

"Somehow they pried it off, though," he said.

Canton said the theft came a couple weeks after a rooster was damaged by a vehicle crash at the corner of Southwest Eighth Street and 17th Avenue.

"They split him in two," Canton said. I'm piecing it back together with fiberglass. My wife asks me how much longer that rooster is going to be in our house. I don't want to put him back though until I figure out who has been stealing the roosters.

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Weird News | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll