2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Feb 4 2011, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Rep: none

Awards: None

Banjo, a five year-old female, wearing a multi-colored collar w/ID tags got loose from her owner on Feb. 3rd around 6 p.m. I just received a call from the owner this a.m. Bosworth Place Map

She is afraid of people and very shy, but food motivated. She is a brindle girl. Help needed with flyers, etc.

My cell is 513-478-1870 - Suzanne - Joey's Greyhound Friends of Ohio
Update from Suzanne

So close, but not close enough today. I swear I had two heart attacks today. We put up dozens of signs on phone poles. The area is very congested – endless streets – but with tons of phone poles. This area is okay to put signs on. A couple hours after the signs went up, we started getting signs – but at first the people were reporting seeing her the night before. She went into the Carl Lindner Nature Preserve. Owner walked her there all the time. Around 5 p.m., I got a call from someone who said she was running on I-71 North, but coming south and near Stewart Road (mile marker 8). My heart just about stopped for sure. Rush hour and running on an extremely busy highway…I called 911 and they patched me thru to the the sheriff’s department. The police were getting calls. I really thought she wouldn’t make it off the expressway alive. Two more people called with reports of her on I-71, but then someone called who said they followed her off an exit at the Norwood Lateral and they saw her at a café on Montgomery Road. I was talking to the man and he was about five feet from her, but she took off running. He kept her in sight for a few blocks. We then had a half dozen more calls. We were just a couple blocks from the last sighting. She had to be absolutely spent from so much running which is worrisome. She raced until she was 5 years old in Florida. Last sighting was on Derex (sp?) near Fenwick, but she was heading towards Carthage. It got dark on us. I hope she doubles back to her neighborhood because there aren’t many signs on Carthage Road. Until she got up on I-71, she was staying fairly close to home. Tomorrow we will head back out again. I am just so thankful she made it off I-71. There was one report that she was hit on the expressway, but the guy at the café was fairly close and he didn’t mention any injuries. Many prayers are needed for Banjo.

Wonderful News!!!!!! This girl is safe and sound and at home right now. Banjo led everyone on a chase for the last four days. Many thanks to everyone - the volunteers and the caring people in Norwood and Pleasant Ridge. So many people called in with sightings that we were able to get her this afternoon after she ran several miles and was exhausted. We cornered her behind a dumpster and Cindy Z snapped a leash on her. HAPPINESS is truly Snapping that Leash on a loose dog. The owner was so absolutely over the moon and we took her to an emergency vet to have her checked out. She was disoriented when we got her and had some cuts and her pads will need some care, but she will be just fine. This girl has more than 9 lives! We will go out and take down the signs this week. There are a lot to be taken down. The huge 16 x 24 signs worked very well. We set up a trap at the Losantiville Country Club last night when she was seen on the fairway..

Put a steak on the Grill for this pup and a BIG huge thank you to all the angels!
PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Feb 8 2011, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Awards: 1

:cheer: :cheer:
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Feb 8 2011, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 1

Great News
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound Alerts | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll