dad2paisley
 Posted: Mar 15 2012, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 1

Since most of us are having warmer days remember your dogs (and cats).

Don't leave them in the car.
Limit walks/runs to early mornings or evenings.
Have plenty of water available.

Bear was out running at our friends last Monday. He then started to collapse. We thought he got bitten by a bee.
Thank God Bill was there and our friends. Bill hosed Bear down and after a few minutes he was better. Bear got overheated.

It doesn't take much for our greys to overheat.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Hilda
 Posted: Mar 16 2012, 01:37 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Yep, but you brought up a good point too. Bees/wasps are out. Last year I had a foster dog, ViviAnn who got stung & swelled up real big in the face. Luckily I got home before the vet closed & was able to get her there. So be aware of your dogs & bees/wasps. Grass allergies are starting back...keep some benedryl around for both instances.
Hey a couple got arrested here in Memphis for having a puppy in their trunk...not that any of us would put our greys in the trunk, but like D2P says, its starting to get warm...even windows rolled down don't cool things off.
They don't need to go where ever we're going. They'd like to go, but there is no need for them to go if the weather is too warm. Its been in the 80's here...my air conditioner is already on.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
DonnaBehr
 Posted: Mar 19 2012, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 68

Awards: None

Very good reminder, Tom.

Dodge seems extremely sensitive to the heat and I'm talking about mid to upper 70s, not just into the 80s. I generally walk them a good mile and a quarter and that last quarter mile really starts getting to him. You really have to know your greys and each one handles the heat/cold differently. nono
PMEmail Poster
^
Hilda
 Posted: Mar 19 2012, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 15

Yesterday it was in the low 80's here, and I kept a watch on mine. Smiley's black coat is thin but he doesn't like the sun beating down on him & he'll potty in the shade in the warmer months. Thurles' coat is real thick right now so I'm watching him.
My foster dog Danger is snow white....keeping an eye on him for blistering, even though its not THAT hot, they can still blister. Jack...he's my yaller dog & he just swaggers around the yard, but being nearly 12...I keep a close eye on him too.
Basically...no matter what the weather I'm standing outside or in the doorway if I have on my jammies, and keep a very close eye. I have some flowering trees right now so since ViviAnn's incident, I'm keeping an eye on those wasp too.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Mar 20 2012, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

For Milky and Ike if they are outside for anytime,if we are at an outdoor event, we put baby sun tan lotion on them, esp their nose and belly.
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jun 12 2012, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

4th day of the heat machine.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll