mountain4greys
 Posted: May 27 2011, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Rep: none

Awards: 1

What a fantastic article!!! And they also exposed G$K for what they really are, a HATE group!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
Hilda
 Posted: Sep 24 2011, 09:39 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 1

I have to agree with that guy, most people who have a strong opinion about greyhound racing, have never been to a race, to the track or behind the scenes. I have met some of the nicest people "working" behind the scenes since I committed to adopting Thurles. They know him & affectionately call him "ole man". The lead outs know me as Thurles' momma. They smile or wave when I'm standing on the rail cheering Thurles' on.
The pick up people are so kind to their dogs....they gently wash out their eyes, cool them off & wash their legs & bellys. Then they walk them to cool down, then take them to their kennels to be cooled more & bedded down.
They care about the dogs. I've visited some of the kennels & they're so clean & sterile. The dogs are happy...They're doing what they love to do. An unhappy dog doesn't run.
Its funny how these people will come up to me at a meet/greet & start their opinion about racing & I say, I don't mean to be rude, but honestly, when was the last time you were at a dog race, at the track or behind the scenes AFTER a race? That's the best way to shut someone up.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll