Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Prayers needed for Lincoln
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 19 2011, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 1

Over the past few weeks I noticed Lincoln was not right. He didn't seem himself. His head would shake, heartbeat was faster, gums were pale and he lost weight. One evening he collapsed on the floor. After that we called the vet and made an appointment. After many tests they determined that Lincoln is anemic. His one count where it should be 55 was 13. Lincoln saw the vet on Sunday and they did blood work and he doesn't have lyme disease. Most of his results came back negative. They had to have one of the blood tests sent out and when they called us back Monday, they said to bring Lincoln back in Tuesday for another blood test. They wanted to make sure the one test was right. We'll last night is when we found out Lincoln was anemia. They did an x-ray to make sure nothing in the abdomin or other areas burst. That would be bad news if that happen. The x-rays were good. So, then the vet said they have to do a blood transfusion. So, Trish and I decided that we would have Bear do it. So Trish drove home and got Bear. They did the blood transfusion last night.
Bear did a great job with helping LIncoln. We got home late last night and Trish called this morning and the tech said that Lincoln ate his breakfast and the vet will call us later. If the blood transfusion worked they are going to put Lincoln on a steroid, sorry forgot what it's called, which will help.
So, later today we will get an update.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 19 2011, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Trish talked to the vet. We can take Lincoln home tonight. :yah: He has to be calm for a few days, so we'll keep him out our other house with Paisley and Ike. Trish and her Aunt can watch him. We'll be taken some meds home with him too. I hope Bear's blood kills all the anemic.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jan 19 2011, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

PRAISE GOD!
I've been on the edge of my seat all day, I kept going back & checking Facebook...I browsed thru EG but didn't see anything. Of course I've been on the 800# all day so just as I'd get to reading, then the phone would beep. So all the prayers are being answered.
Whew...
Thank you Bear!!! hugz
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 19 2011, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

We told Bear is is a hero and might of save his older brother life with his blood. Bear Bear is going to get a frosty paw treat tonight. :D
^
TheBigBoys
 Posted: Jan 19 2011, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 58

Awards: None

Just seeing this now but was relieved to read your last post. Sending lots of good healthy thoughts to Lincoln and a big kiss to Bear, he's a good man. Keeping everything crossed for Lincoln for a speedy recovery.
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 19 2011, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Where going to get Lincoln. Update you after we get home.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jan 19 2011, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 15

If you're too tired when ya'll get home to post, its okay. Its just so soothing to know he's home with ya'll now. You can tell us about it tomorrow.
I've been thinking of ya'll all day long & checking every chance I got on here & FB. Sometimes its easier to just update one place so don't worry about us, ya'll need to get some rest.
hugz :aww: :yah: :emo-the-hugs: emo-goodnt:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 19 2011, 11:34 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Got Lincoln. He jumped into the car. Yippee.. He didn't do that the other day. Just got home. Lincoln is at our other house with Trish and her Aunt, Paisley and Ike. The vet said he needed a few days of quiet. So, no Suzy who likes to eat him and Lincoln and him playing. They run and play pretty good. Anyway, Lincoln looked pretty good except he looked real tired.
Trish fed him and he ate his dinner. She said he ate it slowly but finished it all. He then laid down on the dog bed and I saw his eyes drifting off to sleep. When I left he didn't even get up. I petted him and said we are all praying for you boy. We have all his meds, so hopefully those will kick in soon.

^
Beryl
 Posted: Jan 20 2011, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Just keep a close eye on him in case the symptoms come back. If they do there could be something that the vet missed - hope it doesn't and all is well :cheer:
PM
^
inquisitive snoop
 Posted: Jan 20 2011, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 46

Praying that his recovery is quick and uneventful.

Diane in NY
PM
^
DonnaBehr
 Posted: Jan 20 2011, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 68

So glad Lincoln has turned the corner and is on the way to feeling better. No better blood for a tranfusion that a greyhounds. Thank you Bear. :cheer:

Do they know what causes the anemia? Keep us posted.

Nice to have two houses. :nana:
PMEmail Poster
^
TheBigBoys
 Posted: Jan 20 2011, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 58

So glad to hear Lincoln is home and getting better :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 20 2011, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Lincoln ate half his breakfast. His gums where a little pinker. When Trish go back from her other job, she hand feed him the rest. He might have an upset tummy. He did have the Big D when he went out but peed normal.
He did have a toy in his mouth and ran down the hall with Ike. How long would it take the gums to get back to normal. Lincoln had all his meds today. He still looks tired. I told Trish it will take a few days for all meds to kickin.
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jan 20 2011, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

It is just like humans it will take a few days for everything to get back to normal, if the big D continues call the vet ASAP the same with the gums it they don't look right.
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 20 2011, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

We have a vet appt this Saturday for blood test and overall check. Hope all is well.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound 911 | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll