Posted: Jul 21 2010, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Awards: 1

received this from Galt

Much has happened since the last eNews was released regarding the 28 hounds seized by Fort Worth Animal Control. On Wednesday, July 14th, GALT took a ninth dog, Ella. Because Ella was wearing an owner ID tag, FWAC tried unsuccessfully to locate that person.

Then on Sunday, July 18th, GALT received Braden, who was found abandoned a few miles from the same home where the 28 dogs were seized the previous week. Although Braden was picked up by FWAC on Wednesday, he was not released to GALT until Sunday because of Ft. Worth Code of Law. While Ella, and the initial group of 8 dogs GALT received, are all making slight progress regarding their health conditions, Braden was not as fortunate.

Braden was taken on Sunday directly from FWAC to the Emergency Animal Hospital of Collin County. He was in very fragile condition with elevated liver and kidney values, as well as massively infested with ticks. During the next 36 hours Braden received blood plasma as well as one unit of whole blood, along with fluids infused with broad spectrum antibiotics. Tuesday he was evaluated by Dr. Doug Bronstad of the Animal Diagnostic Clinic in Plano. He was in kidney failure exacerbated by his dire medical condition due to acute malnourishment and exposure plus epic external and internal parasite infestation. Braden was released from his pain and suffering last evening with loving friends surrounding him, the only family he ever knew. GALT stands committed to assist with changes that must be made in the Ft. Worth Code of Law regarding the 72 hour release policy - and this will be done in memory of Braden---his death will not be in vain.

The outpouring of care, concern and love expressed by so many across the US is a testament to the solidarity and generosity of the greyhound community. GALT wants to thank every volunteer, foster, donor, fundraiser and supporting adoption group for coming to the aid of all the FWAC hounds. Words can not express our gratitude for what you are doing for these special greyhounds.

Sincerely,

The Officers, Directors, and Committee Members of Greyhound Adoption League of Texas, Inc.
PM
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Jul 21 2010, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

Rep: none

This is so sad. So many people were pulling for him. It's such a shame he had to live the way he did.

Run Free at the Bridge Braden!! :angel1:

Terri and I sent Galt money the minute we heard what was going on with these pups. I hope the others will come out better than poor Braden did.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jul 21 2010, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

I still cannot look at the pictures or read the whole story = Jimmy check out the preview for Carpe Canem
PM
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Jul 21 2010, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

I saw that!!! Some really nice items in there. FFGR donated a couple of things. We think what happened is one of the most horrible things I've seen since I've been involved in greyhound rescue.
I won't look at the pictures anymore, unless they are of the hounds improvements. It just makes me sick to look.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jul 21 2010, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

I just put up a racing muzzle in memory of Braden
QUOTE (mountain4greys @ Jul 21 2010, 12:22 PM)
This is so sad. So many people were pulling for him. It's such a shame he had to live the way he did.

Run Free at the Bridge Braden!! :angel1:

Terri and I sent Galt money the minute we heard what was going on with these pups. I hope the others will come out better than poor Braden did.

I have donated a Jeff Gordon Coat, 2 muzzles and a few other things along with Tina that will probably go up on Alisha's auction but then Tina might get some of them on Carpe Canem
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jul 21 2010, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

:redflowers: RIP
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jul 21 2010, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

At least he did not die alone and found some love even if it was not long
:redflowers: :blkgrey: :redflowers:
why was he on hold so long? Could he of been saved if they had him at the vets as soon as he was found?

http://www.carpecanem.com/auction/index.ph...=177&itemid=225
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound 911 | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll