2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Rep: none

Awards: None

from the whippet lists:MISSING WHIPPET!!! Holly was only in her new home a matter of hours before she backed out of her collar. The address is Glen Keld Ct., Baldwin, MD 21013. The owner's name is Karl and he can be reached at 443-695-1340. We're trying to get as many people out there to search as possible. or Rhonda at is 301-980-9685. Please come help if you can. Thank you.

The new owner, Karl did a 1000 home robocall and they have the prior owner and a tracker and some other people at work now, but that the tracker's efforts today would be complicated by too many dogs and people going through the area. He does think for now that they have sufficient help. Tomorrow may be a good day for more walkers. Lori Rose - WRAP
PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Awards: 1

praying for a safe return
PM
^
2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Mar 15 2011, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 38

Awards: None

3/15 update:

The search continues. We're holding off on more ground searches so that the tracking team can do their work until they tell us otherwise. Flyers have been posted locally, but more can be done. Although the mailman has been notified, we need to hit the Post Office for that area code and make sure EVERY mailman has a flyer in his or her truck.

Although we hit some of the stores today, we need to hit the schools and area churches. We need to talk to the principals at the schools and ask them to make a morning announcement about Holly and let us hang the fliers at all the school doors. We need to stand outside the local grocery store and pass out flyers.

A calling service has sent out robo-calls, so we're covered on that for now. I've asked Karl to have hundreds of flyers ready tomorrow. We need to notify the local gazette-type newspaper and see if they might right a story. If not, Karl said he will run an advertisement. Karl is getting the live trap from Harrisburg in the morning, so if we get a sighting, we will have a trap readily available.

Some folks have asked me how it happened. Karl and his wife had been searching for a second Whippet for quite some time. Holly's breeder posted about her and I put the two in touch. Holly had gone home with Karl over the weekend and slipped out of her collar at the door about 7 a.m. Monday morning. I've always said that if a Whippet is going to bolt, it's most likely within the first two weeks of being in a new home. Unfortunatley, that's the case here. Holly has no idea where she is. Let me be clear: I wouldn't hesitate to approve this home for an adoption. This was an unfortunate, freak accident, and Karl and his wife are devastated.

So while we don't need search teams right now, we do need boots on the ground to get flyers in the hands of every person we can possibly get it in front of. The address, once again, is Glen Keld Court, Baldwin, MD 21013. The phone number is 443-695-1340. If you can go up and help post and hand out flyers tomorrow, please call Karl and head on up. Thank you.

Brigitte Greenberg
Whippet Rescue and Placement (WRAP)-Maryland Representative
Greenwood Whippets
http://www.GreenwoodWhippets.com
(301)681-5470 or email: BrigitteGreen@msn.com

3/16/11
Holly the whippet is safe.
They saw her in a pasture, called to her and she came to them !
She is home.
Lori Rose
:cheer:
PMEmail Poster
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Great news.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Beryl
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

:handclap:
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound Alerts | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll