Hilda
 Posted: May 10 2011, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 1

Let me first say that I have talked to my little guys who do the turn out & we're cool. No one got hurt. Both of them are going thru some stress right now, they're 13 & 11. Their dad had a heart attack last week & is going to need by pass surgery, so I forgive them.
Anyway I pulled in my driveway this afternoon, opened my garage door & I'm greeted by 4 greyhounds. The laundry room door was open to the garage.
I put it in park & cut the engine off. Everyone trotted by me like I meant to let them out.
Pipi took off west. Jack & Banker went to my neighbor's door & Smiley went to the next house up.
I caught Jack w/no problem. Put him in the house & secured the doors. When I went back to get Banker, he was gone but here came Smiley...grinning the whole time. He just loved being caught by the momma & I took him inside.
I drove up the street & about 5 houses up, there's Banker under this guy's carport, laying on the cool concrete with the guy & a friend. I thanked them & put Banker in the car. The guy said There was a white one with him but she ran on up the street.
So I drove...about 15 houses up, there's Pipi saying hello to everyone. The woman said Is this your dog? I said yep...c'mon Pipi...
Pipi got in the car like she meant to do all this & we went home.
What an adventure. Pipi is going to be 12 this month...she was 15 houses up the street in less than 5 minutes. The ole girl still has it.
OH...I asked Matthew how all this happened. Turns out Peter forgot the key to the house & he climbed over the fence & went thru the back door to the garage, thru the laundry room, into the kitchen & then let Matthew inside. Peter didn't push all the doors shut real good & the air suction pulled the laundry room doors open. I found "evidence" some boy dogs had been in the garage. Hmmm nono
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: May 11 2011, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

oh my.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
DonnaBehr
 Posted: May 11 2011, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 68

Awards: None

You were VERY lucky!!!!!!!!!!!! nono :D
PMEmail Poster
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: May 11 2011, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

What a scary thing to go through!!! Wow! But I'm sure happy this story had a happy ending. Even old dogs turn 2 again when they get loose. :rofl:
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
Liz
 Posted: May 12 2011, 01:35 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 9

Awww, the hounds just needed to give Mom a little neighborhood meet and greet. :blkgrey:
PM
^
beledi
 Posted: May 12 2011, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 20

Awards: None

You were so lucky. What good houndies to come back to you. That had to be so scary for you.
PMEmail Poster
^
greydaddy
 Posted: May 12 2011, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 16

Glad you rounded them all back up.
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: May 14 2011, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 15

I have been really blessed with some good pups. I know last year about this time a bunch of us here in Memphis were looking for a spook who we never found. The whole time these guys were out, I kept thinking stay calm, make it a game. Don't get hysterical until you can't find them.
Smiley Jack & Banker were really kinda funny because they looked so sly when I caught them, and I was laughing at them to let them know they hadn't done anything wrong. Pipi though...that girl found some humans she could pet. You know she thinks when she goes some where its about her. :yah:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: May 19 2011, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 1

:cheer:
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll