Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Another part of greyhound adoption....
Hilda
 Posted: Jul 19 2011, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 1

I just got home from taking two greyhounds, Jonathan Swift & Sundance up to my friend Cora's house. Both dogs broke their legs recently. Cheryl & I jumped on the trainer for Jonathan the Monday after Jonathan broke his leg on Saturday night (I cried for 3 days after that). Unbeknowest to me, Cheryl had already grabbed the trainer for Sundance & got her.
Once they've healed, cast are gone & Cora does her rehab thang, we'll move the dogs to St Louis to Rescue Racers.
Every since I adopted my first greyhound Snowy, I've volunteered at the adoption kennel and fostered some.
Now I'm fostering full time for Rescue Racers & helping with the "haul" to St Louis. I feel like I'm doing something really awesome with my time & my love for the hounds.
THIS IS WHEN ITS ALL ABOUT THE HOUNDS!
Just wanted to share. :cheer:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
DonnaBehr
 Posted: Jul 20 2011, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 68

Awards: None

It's great that you have the time to do this. The dogs are lucky you are in their corner. :D
PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

:cheer: :cheer:
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

I've always loved fostering & working with the adoption dogs & the group I'm working with now is in St Louis but gets alot of their dogs from Southland. Today I have 2 beautiful black greyhounds, Jicz & Chip. Chip is a tee tiny black girl & is so cute. She's alittle bashful. Jicz is a big black boy & wags his tail everytime I look at him. Both are great in their crates. Slept all night. Chip is alittle verbal. Pipi sleeps on the carpeted area outside of her crate, and Chip wanted to come out to get a drink but she'd have to go passed Pipi, so she decided to let me know she couldn't get out. 5am rolling growl/roo...nothing like it. :nana:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

enjoy them Hilda
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Beryl, I am really loving these guys. Both already have adoptions in process. I guess we'll be moving them on Saturday. Then I'm getting 2 more.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Enjoy Hilda.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Here's a guy we picked up from the kennels on Tuesday...Jonathan Swift. He broke his hock about 2 weeks ago, most awful thing I've ever witnessed, seeing one of my favorite racers break a leg, he never even realized he hurt himself, so focused. Of course a lead out ran out on the track & carried him to the vet in his arms...
But he's okay...he's now in a great home with Cora & Tom & some of ya'll may know, they have Jonathan's momma, Deerfield Marley. Well...here is Jonathan as a baby...does this melt your heart or what!!!
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/JonathanSwiftbaby.jpg)

AND this is Jonathan Swift as a racer.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/jonathanSwift3.jpg)

I loved being a part of Jonathan's history as a racing spectator & as an advocate to get him in to a home after his career ending injury. The trainer & owner was very cooperative & loved the idea that he was going to be adopted.
:blkgrey:
Here is one of the fosters I've got right now, who I found out has been adopted already.
His name is Jicx...its like sticks but jicks...he he he
This guy is the sweetest, most affectionate boy ever. He stood in one spot for 45 minutes this morning with his chin laying on my arm! He's behind me right now on one of the mats.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Greyhound_Jicx.jpg)

I also have a little black girl, but she's alittle timid & I can't get a picture of her. She's coming around though and she too has already been adopted. They'll be leaving here on Saturday or Sunday.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll