Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» ViviAnn Foster, Scared the momma....
Hilda
 Posted: Sep 29 2011, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 1

Alittle history first; Vivian raced at Southland as Vivian of Ruckus. She only ran a short time, she broke her right hind leg. It was a "clean" break, her kennel, Darren Henry took her back to the farm, paid her vetting & rehabbed her. Rescue Racers in St Louis will adopt her out. Right now she's fostering at my house. She is the cutest little thing...all 58 lbs of her.
So last night I went with some friends to eat at our favorite sushi place. I came home & went to let her outside & she gets so excited about me getting home. She goes flying out the back door & I go to let Stewey out...then I hear the scream of death. I walked as fast & safely as I could through the sea of hounds, and there she stood holding up her right hind leg. Oh gosh...so when I touched her collar, she screamed & took off running around the kitchen table. I finally caught her again & she screamed but I held on this time. She stopped screaming, stretched her hind leg out behind her & looked at me like: Fooled Ya!!!
Evidently she was having a cramp. I know several times last night I had leg cramps. Needless to say, I try to make her calm down & slow down, but she just runs & plays. She's 3 yrs old. Such a little doll!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 3 2011, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

:aww:
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Hilda
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 07:18 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

That girl has had some mis-haps...the bee sting, now the cramp.
Her & Stewey are really enjoying retirement. She gets up with me in the mornings to see what I'm going to do, then goes & gets in her crate. Both of them are going to make good pets.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Hope the cramp goes away.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Oct 18 2011, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Well now she has come in season. At first it was okay...nobody bothered her, but today I got a phone call from my turn out kid Peter...his mom called to say everything was okay, but Smiley was being very friendly. Luckily Peter knew what to do.
This afternoon Smiley wanted to dance, but she said NOPE. So I put some Vicks Vaporub on his nose & then he looked confused. She's tried teasing him a couple of times, so I'm fixing to make my dinner & crate her the rest of the night. Anyone got any other ideas? She should be passed this "stage" in a couple of days....then its all down hill after that.
Now you're wondering, why is she in season. Over booked veterinarian, he couldn't spay her...so then the next week...Bingo...she came in season. So Stewey had to go back to Cheryl's. The others haven't paid any attention to her.
Smiley has been neutered about 20 months...but evidently his memory bank is still working. nono
He sure looks guilty sometimes. But he's being very obedient about it.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
DonnaBehr
 Posted: Oct 19 2011, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 68

Awards: None

Never a dull moment - obviously. :rofl: :D
PMEmail Poster
^
Hilda
 Posted: Oct 22 2011, 12:31 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Never ever a dull moment around here. I told them they may get picked for Dancing with the Stars next....then I thought I might better not say that, they may want to practice.
Seriously, he's such a wonderful pup. He's so obedient, so loving. I don't see how anyone could have turned him loose, let him go & wander the streets for as long as they did. He was somone's pet.
ViviAnn is going to make someone a really sweet pup. She's so timid. She's easy going though & very obedient. She comes from a good kennel, they really care for their pups. All the ones they give us for adoption, they pay for the vetting, plus throw in $100 with each pup we take (to the adoption group).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 22 2011, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

I am sure she will. hugz
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 4 2011, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

I've been leaving ViviAnn out & she is loving it. I came home the other evening & there was a torn up magazine on the futon, she was so proud of herself. She kept going over & sitting near it & looking so proud.

:emo-gh-sit:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 4 2011, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

:handclap:
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 8 2011, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

This is why I love fostering...you get to watch them evolve from a serious racer to a cuddly pet.
Bless her heart, during her "time"...she was so emotional...everything scared her, everything upset her & now she's back to being ViviAnn! She's so funny & that broken hock, you'd never know she had one except for a tiny bump on her right leg. She runs, does zoomies..jumps on the furniture...
We're still having problems with clipping the nails, so when she gets her alterations, he'll do them for me. She won't let me touch her feet.
:bitchilly:
The little heiffer, we went with Thurles to the vet & she let them hold her & clip all her nails. Make a liar out of me every time.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Dec 21 2011, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

:yah:
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 06:02 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

ViviAnn went for her alterations Monday, she did great. Saturday she leaves for St Louis where she will be fostered by a couple who lost their 2 greys and are looking for a small brindle female. I wish her alot of love & luck.
Vivi has been a pleasure, quite an adventure to have. I'll miss her.

1/21/2012
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/012112_1044bSmiley.jpg)

Smiley rode with me to drop ViviAnn to Cheryl with Cane & Stewey. He is such a good helper & keeps me from getting all emotional & weepy. He then went to the basketball game at church. We did an improv meet/greet. Kids who weren't playing came over to pet Smiley, which he loved & a former greyhound owner came over to talk. He had 2 greys who came from Southland. So it was nice for him to get to hug & pet on another greyhound.
This is a pooped Smiley on the way home in the back seat of the car.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 21 2012, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

hi sweetie
^
Hilda
 Posted: Feb 3 2012, 12:13 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Well my little ViviAnn got adopted...and they are so happy with her. They've had greyhounds for several years and had recently lost one to cancer, so when Vivi came up to St Louis, they wanted to foster her w/intent to adopt. I was concerned, she's kinda quirky. But they loved her just because she was so special to them. Here's some photos they sent.

One of the things they asked me about was her "love" of the laundry room. I told her that she would go lay in my laundry room by herself if I left the door open or if I went in there to fold clothes, she'd lay on some old sheets I had put down just for her & watch me fold the laundry. The only thing I could think of was either her birthing area when she was born/was a baby or they may have kept her in an area like this when she came back to the farm after breaking her hock.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/ViviAnn020212a.jpg)
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/ViviAnn020212b.jpg)

They said she fell madly in love with their son, and his bunk beds. So they've let her have the bottom one, which she shares with their cat.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/ViviAnn020212c.jpg)
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/ViviAnn020212d.jpg)(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/ViviAnn020212e.jpg)

I'm so glad she finally figured out how to roach, she would try for hours sometimes to roach over & only end up correctly if she could lean on the wall. (IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/ViviAnn020212G.jpg)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll