Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» 62E, Future Racer
HoundIsle
 Posted: Nov 30 2013, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 34

Rep: none

Awards: None

I figure I'll start a new thread when he runs his first Official School race, I'll use his race name as the title. So far this thread has mostly been his life growing up on the farm and training for life as a racer.

For now it just wait for his name to appear on the OS list and wait for his trainer will send me a message.

:D :D :D :D
PMEmail Poster
^
Hilda
 Posted: Dec 17 2013, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 1

Okay, he's in my VK! I read the entire thread, this is so exciting.

Sometimes I wish folks could do this, go from newborn to racer to retired. I have loved my experiences with both Ethan & Pass. I didn't "meet" Pass until he was 10 months old, through pictures & stories, same as Ethan...but "being" there for all their races thru the internet.
I am so blessed that for Thurles' last year of racing, I was there physically. It's a great bonding time, great experience & it lets "outside" people see how they are treated & how they are molded into the great companions we adopt. You see them go from serious racer, focused, committed, determined, to the goofy pup that evolves.
Thank you for sharing these pictures & stories, I love it.
I met Kate in Abilene this past October & she is so sweet & loves her dogs so much & takes such great care of them. We met on Facebook because of Thurles, her family has been in racing for years & raced at Thurles Ireland. She actually taught me the correct pronunciation of Thurles' name.
Instead of Thurles, it's pronounced Thur Less. And he actually answers better to that.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
HoundIsle
 Posted: Dec 18 2013, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 34

Rep: none

Awards: None

Your story reminded me of the night we met Kate at DL, we were talking about the NGA Spring & Fall meet. We told Kate we have trouble pronouncing
Abilene as we named one of our dogs Aibhlinn (Av-Leen). We sometimes get tongue tied. Kate instantly knew it was a Irish name, the pup's sire is Maryville Rumble.
D'Arcy kennel's Golden Squire won a major Stakes race Sat evening, he ran UNDEATED in the series. Sat evening's win was his 7th in a row! Look him up on TrackInfo and watch some of his replays, you will see a pattern in his running style!
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll