Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Euthanized racing greyhounds prompt concerns
dad2paisley
 Posted: Aug 14 2010, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 1

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 14 2010, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Did the owner okay it?
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Aug 14 2010, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

It doesn't say, but I am sure the owners ok'd it.
^
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 14 2010, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

that is not always the case
PM
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Aug 14 2010, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

How did I know Don'tCareaboutGreyhound2K was trying to be involved in this!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Aug 15 2010, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Can't believe everything from those people.
^
jenna
 Posted: Sep 18 2010, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 18

Awards: None

So if Grey2k gets involved, that's reason enough to stick your head in the sand?

The issue has nothing to do with owners giving permission to put their dogs down.
The issue is that the dogs were injured due to poor track conditions.

What is there not to believe? The article spells it all out. There are 5 supporting documents. The track has since improved those conditions and says they will monitor for safety in the future.

This could have been prevented. It could also happen again. At least someone cares enough to get involved.

Jenna
PMEmail Poster
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Sep 18 2010, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Grey2K just plain sucks, they don't give a rats butt about greyhounds. They haven't done a darn thing to help them.

Why don't we just close the tracks now, and finish sending the greyhounds to race overseas so we don't have to worry about it anymore. They're taking them to other countries now, but I don't see G$K stopping that. We'll just let the foreign tracks deal with the dogs when they are done racing. But it won't be as humane, I can bet you that.

Things happen no matter where you turn that could have been prevented. Yeah, I'm not happy this happened, but it just does. I live right by the track where we just lost 29 race horses in a fire. Those people that owned them, loved them. But unfortunately, some stuff happens.
^
Beryl
 Posted: Sep 18 2010, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

I agree with you Jimmy about Grey2K why don't they do something to help instead of mouthing off.

I was told about a fire in a kennel and all the greys were saved but one of the sons suffered severe burns saving the dogs but they did not lose a one. Cannot remember which kennel it was but the person that told it to me would not lie about it as she was a breeder/ owner herself.....
PM
^
HoundIsle
 Posted: Sep 18 2010, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 34

Anytime Grey2K comments or gets involved expect to hear a very slanted view, they are known to misstate, mislead and just flat out lie. Their SOLE purpose is to eliminate greyhoud racing. This is just another example of Grey2K making headlines in a attempt to end Greyhound racing.
Track conditions can and do change with heay rains, routine maintance is performed on a regular basis to tracks. A example of this is most tracks I visited groom the track between races. Wheeling Island is completing a major track surface revamp, where is the news release from Grey2k ?
My GHs have competed in Lure Coursing, Straight racing and Oval racing on many surfaces under different wx conditions, by far the BEST & SAFEST surface is a groomed sand track. Injuries can and do occur anytime a Greyhound runs, it doesn't matter if it's in the back yard, local park, open field or on a race track. How many of those injuries(non-racing) are reported ? How many healthy pets are euthanized in the every year?

Pat

PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Sep 18 2010, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Pat
:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

PM
^
jenna
 Posted: Sep 19 2010, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

What you guys all fail to see is that nothing improves unless someone speaks up. This article was not about Grey2K. It was about an inspector going out and seeing a problem that needed to be fixed. It has nothing to do with dogs in your backyard or dogs sent overseas but I will say this. If you are going to blame someone for greyhounds ending up in a bad place, look first to the person who put them there.

Jenna
QUOTE (HoundIsle @ Sep 18 2010, 04:42 PM)
Injuries can and do occur anytime a Greyhound runs, it doesn't matter if it's in the back yard, local park, open field or on a race track. How many of those injuries(non-racing) are reported ? How many healthy pets are euthanized in the every year?

Pat

So I take it you don't feel that anything should have been done about the situation at this track?

Ahd where is the logic that other animals being euthanized somehow makes greyhounds being eithanized okay? I am not happy about any animal being put down.

Jenna
PMEmail Poster
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Sep 19 2010, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

There are WAY more injuries to greyhounds in adopters backyards than at the tracks. Greyhounds are attacked by unleashed dogs everyday.

Track conditions are looked at all the time. Things will happen, this isn't a perfect world. Nobody wants anything to happen to the greyhounds at the track, but nobody wants to hear a relative was just killed in a car accident either. But Stuff happens.

And even though you say it wasn't about G$K, they were still there. And they still suck!
^
jenna
 Posted: Sep 20 2010, 01:19 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (mountain4greys @ Sep 19 2010, 01:10 PM)
Nobody wants anything to happen to the greyhounds at the track, but nobody wants to hear a relative was just killed in a car accident either. But Stuff happens.

I would never in a million years, accept the explanation "stuff happens" from someone who just killed my relative.... and neither would a judge. People are held accountable for the things they do to others. And that is the way it should always be.

Jenna
PMEmail Poster
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Sep 20 2010, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

But things DO happen, so then maybe we need to hold all adopters accountable when something happens to their dogs when they get hurt, and break their legs running in the owners backyards. Or get lose and get hit by cars, and the list goes on and on.

You are just an anti racer, and you can have your opinion. But the owners of these dogs do not want anything to happen to them.

As I've said before and you didn't reply to That, more dogs get hurt in adopters care than anywhere, so what do you suppose we do about that?
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Racing News | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll