Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» 2:30 am EZ had another seizure
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 15 2010, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Awards: 1

At 2:30 am this morning he had another seizure not as bad as some of his other ones. After the seizure was over he layed there for about 5 minutes then picked his head up I managed to clean most of the foam off of his mouth and face. He was a little confused for about 5 minutes then wanted to go out where he peed and pooped. Brought him back in gave a dose of phenobarbital and went down the basement to throw his cover off of his bed into the washer, he followed me down and then seemed a little confused of getting back up stairs coaxed him up. Went back up to bed and for about 5 minutes he was just standing there but finally laid down. Usually he is very vocal after a seizure but today he wasn't
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Aug 15 2010, 11:59 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Glad it wasn't too bad.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 16 2010, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

All seizures are bad and will scare the crap out of you especially when you are woke up out of a sleep
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Aug 17 2010, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

This sounds like the seizures Halo was having. Even on both phenobarbital & potassium bromide he was having seizures.
Gabby's seizures are real quiet. Almost like she's stretching. She's on 200mg of phenobarbital & I haven't seen her have a seizure in probably 2 years. She's had them for 8 years.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 17 2010, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

it was only 6 weeks since his last seizure he is on 2 grains of phenobarbital 2 x day and 500 mg KBr 1 x day plus his thyroid meds 2 xday. His neurologist is on vacation but the backup vet called and continue to dose him his regular doses and if he seizes give him another dose of phenobarbital
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Aug 17 2010, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Good cow. Wow...bless his heart.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 17 2010, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Maybe his regular neurologist will do something who knows
PM
^
nygreys
 Posted: Aug 23 2010, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 19

Awards: None

Seizures are so scary. Beanie use to have them.
PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 23 2010, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

tell me about it. The first one he had with me he actually rubbed the fur off of his haunch. At least this one was not as bad and all told everything lasted about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes , the seizure, the rest, the confusion, the potty afterwards, more meds and to settle down

I understand that he was zapped when he was racing and the scars on him that we though was road rash is actually burn scars. I was told he was one lucky pup
PM
^
sugarsmom
 Posted: Aug 23 2010, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 43

Awards: None

Gwenny has had seizures for over 4 years now. She is 10. She usually has at least one a month and sometimes more. We have taken her to LSU vet school for MRIs, CAT scans, spinal taps, etc. She was diagnosed as having ideopathic seizures which are seizures without a reason. She has been on 500mg Potassium Bromide daily and only had to have valium once, when she had 4 seizures in two hours.

In June, she started losing control of her back legs and would stumble or completely collapse. After more tests at the vet, she was diagnosed with Addison's. She takes 1/2 tablet of Prednisone now and has completely recovered. The best part is, she has had NO SEIZURES since. Knocking on wood!

I can completely sympathize with anyone who has a dog who seizes and how scary it is.
PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 23 2010, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

When I adopted EZ it was specified that he was seizure controlled with medication. Had him about 14 months and the seizures started up. He is now on 2 grains phenobarbital 2 x day, 500 mg KBr 21 x day and his thyroid meds 2 x day for hypothyroidism. Have not had to use the valium yet but he has clustered 3 seizures in 5 to 7 hours. Was admitted to the hospital and the did change his meds each time by increasing the pheno and adding KBr. EZ has his in the middle of the night or around 6 am but then the cluster would be during the day and they come when he is sound asleep. He has only lost urine during his seizures so far but afterward he has to potty and usually does both.
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Aug 23 2010, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Beryl, have you ever noticed if its weather related, or stress related? Gabby would have seizures a day or so after either a death of one of the others or a fight. Pegasus used to fight with the others & I noticed Gabby would have a seizure usually the next day or a day after.
I was relieved when she stopped having the seizures after deaths. But her seizures are real quiet. She's on 400 mg of phenobarbital.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 23 2010, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

no stress and it can be any time except for the last one I noticed he was a little edgy with a storm which he never did before
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Aug 23 2010, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

My friend Cynde, her dog Captain has them if she doesn't administer his meds at an exact time. He's done real good & hasn't had a seizure in a while.
Halo's seizures were every 21 days.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Aug 23 2010, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

I try to give EZ his at 7 am and 7 pm. I forgot his 7 pm a few times but he got them but got them late. If he throws up then it is a trip to the vet - he has done that a couple of times and they had to keep him and give him IV
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound 911 | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll