Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (12) « First ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Ethan's Seal Race Chart
dad2paisley
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 1

Great race Ethan.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Hilda
 Posted: Sep 11 2011, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Ethan's Seal, Dubuque, 09/11/2011, Afternoon, race 8, post #1.

Ethan's dedicating today's race to Thurtles on his birthday! he he he

While finding some pictures of Thurles for his birthday thread, I found some pictures I'd loaded of Ethan....

Cooling tank
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethantub.jpg)

In the shade (Tom didn't ya'll take these?)
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethanhilda.jpg)(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethan414105.jpg)(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethan414103.jpg)(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethan414101.jpg)(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethan41410.jpg)
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethan06284.jpg)(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethan06283.jpg)

This is one of my favorites...he looks so sweet here.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethan06282.jpg)
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Pictures%20from%20work%20computer/ethan06281.jpg)
:blkgrey: 9/11/11
Well puppy got blocked in the home stretch & ran out of track. I bet Andrew moves him back to the Dubuque course now. The one he ran today was the 5/16...similar to our 583 at Southland. The DB is like the 660 at SL. Its for doggies who open up at the end and finish ahead. Its also for dogs who don't do well in a crows in the "escape" turn or the first curve. Thurles does good all the way around so he is in the 583. Dogs like Rip Curtis or Solichnaya Gold do real well in the 660 & 703. Some even do good in the 820 but that is such a long course its for dogs who have alot of stamina & can go a long long distance. I don't like it.
But today puppy who had the #1 box didn't do well. I think he does better in the 7 box. He broke out okay, was pushed to the rail. When he went wide in the escape, he took 2 dogs with him. Then he began his catch up on the back stretch but so did several others.
At the finish there was about 6 dogs all sammiched in. I was really surprised that he didn't finish higher but looking at the photo finish, it showed he was 6th.
I texted Erin, she agreed he looked good & he was giving it alot of heart.
I love him.
:handclap:
Here's racing for today & tonight.
Ethan's Seal, Dubuque, 09/24/2011, Evening, race 10, post #3.
M Cee Drive, Palm Beach, 09/24/2011, Afternoon, race 11, post #5.

Ctw Tricky Cleo, Southland, 09/24/2011, Afternoon, race 2, post #5.
Fly Byu Remyroo, Southland, 09/24/2011, Afternoon, race 8, post #2.
Kt's Thurles, Southland, 09/24/2011, Afternoon, race 10, post #2.

Braska Fable, Southland, 09/24/2011, Evening, race 13, post #6.
Cu Fire Fox, Southland, 09/24/2011, Evening, race 13, post #1.
Constant Boogie, Southland, 09/24/2011, Evening, race 15, post #1.
Cs Glitter, Southland, 09/24/2011, Evening, race 15, post #4.
Obi Wan, Derby Lane, 09/24/2011, Afternoon, race 13, post #7.

The ones in blue I'll be there on the rail. The others I won't. I'll just watch them on the computer.
We are having some great weather here. Nice & cool.
Go puppeeeeeezzzzzzz
:blkgrey:

I'm listening to the races at Dubuque right now. They're on race #8. Ethan is in #10. It must be cool up there tonight, the lead outs are wearing long sleeves.
We're having cooler weather this weekend also.
Ethan broke good, but I don't think inside boxes are his style. I think anything 6/7/8 are his boxes. He took the escape turn good, but the #8 dog wouldn't move, Ethan would speed up & the #8 dog would speed up. I thought he'd pass him in the next turn & then in the home stretch but it didn't. So he came in 6th. I don't mind.
That just means he's closer to home. :blkgrey:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Sep 25 2011, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

I love him. Yes, I took that one picture.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Oct 1 2011, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/ethanphotofinish101-1.png)

Yaaaay puppy!!!

Ethan ran in the 9th race at Dubuque today & got a nice 3rd place. He came out of the #2 box and didn't go straight for the lead...
it seems like he was saving his energy.
Several dogs went way outside in the escape turn & he kept his ground. He's a good corner dog.
Across the back stretch, he was in 5th & 6th...then as they got to the final turn, he started turning up the speed & although grouped up,
I thought he was in 4th & they said hold all tickets, then announced a photo finish.
When they showed the results I was excited. Very pleased he got a 3rd because I thought he was in 4th, but then when they showed
the photo finish, I could see he knodded when he should have.

I'm so proud of him!!! Good job puppy!!! :blkgrey:
Ethan got a 2nd today at Dubuque!
Just got home & watched the races. Fantastic!!!

Been at Southland all day, came home to feed & fixing to go back to watch Thurles!
Ethan will be moving to Florida at the end of the month for the winter. I like that idea.
:blkgrey: :catmoon3:
10/28 I stayed home Friday night, ate a taco salad at work & then paid for it. Bleck

Anyway I watched Ethan's race & that boy...I swear. He broke slow, was in 8th on the front stretch, going into the escape he went
into 5th as 2 or 3 dogs went wide. Across the back, he was still in 5th but I could see him really speeding things up, going into the
final turn, he was still in 5th & coming down the home stretch....he passed everyone & got 2nd. He's a closer for sure.
I texted Erin & she told me that he's moving to Sarasota instead of Jacksonville. He's racing for Pat Collins Greyhounds right now,
so down there he'll be in the same kennel...I'm glad...they take really good care of him. He leave on Tuesday. He'll stop in Jacksonville
when those dogs are off-loaded from Dubuque & then get a potty break & stretch his legs. I wonder how many stops they make along
the way? I wish he'd come thru Memphis...I'd love to hug him.
Sarasota's schedule starts the weekend after Thanksgiving, so he'll have about 3 weeks of vacation & schooling.
I love my puppy. :blkgrey: :witch33: :hhalloween1:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 31 2011, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Yeah Ethan. Too bad he won't be racing at Jax. Love to see him when we go visit.

^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 1 2011, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

I know!!!
Cheryl & some friends from Southland who are in partnership with her, are all going down to Florida around Christmas....Danny is going to all the tracks & watch racing for like 3 or 4 weeks during December!!! He's NOT going to Sarasota! They were trying to figure out how close Sarasota was to Palm Beach & Derby Lane...Cheryl's got dogs at both of those tracks. Dang it! I mapped it, Sarasota is 842 from my house. Dubuque was closer.
BUT they do have live racing, so at least I can watch him race.
:bitchilly:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 1 2011, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

So where is he going?
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 15 2011, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Where is Danny going? He's going to start I think in Jacksonville & go all the way to Tampa.
I'll ask him if I see him this weekend.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 15 2011, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

:cheer: :cheer:
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

I was nosing around Track Info last night & they've already got Ethan's "info" on Sarasota...under his name/ear#/etc it has SA 0-0-0...so his papers have been turned in to the racing secretary...yaaay!!!
Their website says live racing starts on the 25th.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (Pipi5 @ Nov 16 2011, 02:20 PM)
I was nosing around Track Info last night & they've already got Ethan's "info" on Sarasota...under his name/ear#/etc it has SA 0-0-0...so his papers have been turned in to the racing secretary...yaaay!!!
Their website says live racing starts on the 25th.

awesome
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 25 2011, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

I fell in love with this boy at OP. I just love the pics of him smiling.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 25 2011, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Earlier this week (11/22) I was nosing around & keyed in his name & they have is schooling results, 1st and third. So I was surprised when he came up racing this afternoon. HOWEVER! He got into the escape turn & the 3 dog messed him up & he fell & flipped. I screamed NO!!! Scared the dogs.
I immediately texted Erin. She texted back, Andrew was watching the race & called down there. They said he's okay, just got his feelings hurt. Thank you Jesus. I was so upset.
I know he'll be sore tomorrow, so I hope they walked him & perhaps put a warmcoat on him. The kennel Cheryl has her dogs in, they use it on their dogs that fall/flip...its like a heating pad.
Anyway...he's okay.

Ethan ran again today, 7th race out of #4...he's such a smart racer. He came out slow, was in 8th, then as they went into the turn, it looked like he used some wise judgement. Across the back & into the last turn, I was concerned about him. Coming down the home stretch....Mr Closer pulled a fast one & squeezed in a 3rd. Thank you Jesus for watching over him!!! hugz
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 29 2011, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

That goodness he is ok.

Glad he got 3rd! That's a good boy.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Dec 11 2011, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Friday night's race was longer & he came in 7th, tail just a wagging! I think he thought it was a trial run. He didn't seem to give it all his heart.
It was a longer distance from the week before.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Ethan's Seal Races | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (12) « First ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll