Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (12) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Ethan's Seal Race Chart
Hilda
 Posted: Oct 23 2010, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 1

:cheer: :cheer: Ethan won his race again last night :cheer: :cheer:

I was at Southland last night, Thurles ran in the 11th race, and won it.....and after we got back upstairs, I realized Erin hadn't text me. So I text her & she said she wasn't at the track since weigh in. So I told her I'd check when I got home.
Well I didn't get home until 12:30am, so after I did turn out, I sat down at the computer & checked Dubuque's replays & found his race (#9) and I was overwhelmed.
That puppy shot out of the #2 box and took the lead. He got nose to nose/eye to eye with the #8 dog on the back stretch & on the last turn, Ethan just turned on the turbos & took off. He won by a good length You have to watch it on Dubuque's website but he is awesome!
Anyway, Erin texted me this morning, they're moving Ethan to Bluff Runs in Council Bluffs because he's Iowa bred. That means when he wins, he wins more. Just as if he was Arkansas bred, etc etc. She said alot of the good dogs runs there, and if he can't run there, they will move him to Jacksonville & then back to Dubuque next spring. So...I've already checked out Bluff's website & their races. I think they are simulcast too. I was sure hoping Ethan would come through Memphis on his way to Florida but I guess now. But Council Bluffs might be closer than Dubuque. he he he
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 23 2010, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

WTG Ethan and Thurles. :cheer:

Maybe I can watch Ethan's races live!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
nygreys
 Posted: Oct 28 2010, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 19

Awards: None

:cheer: Ethan :cheer:
PMEmail Poster
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 14 2010, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Okay latest updates.
Ethan ran a schooling race on 11/5 his first for that track & he tagged along running in 8th place. I could tell he wasn't comfortable. Well my VK doesn't alert me to his schooling races, so I nosed around & found where he schooled again on the 9th...Bluffs Run videos their schooling races where as Southland doesn't. So I checked his race, he broke great, like he knew where he was...took off & rounded the escape like a pro...moved up into 5th place & stayed there. Evidently it was good enough that he goes official on Tuesday. I believe its the 6th race, #5 silk. They seem to have only afternoon races there, I guess because of the cold. I've never been to Iowa but I've heard being close to Nebraska, it gets cold. That's where Bluffs Run is, right next to Nebraska. So I'm excited for my puppy. Also they have live racing, so I'll be checking out his race while at work or I can watch Trackinfo or BR's videos after work. I know he's having fun, but I just want all 4 paws on the ground & his cute tail wagging at the end. I'm not in it for the money, I'm in it for the puppy. :blkgrey:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Nov 14 2010, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Good Luck Ethan
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 16 2010, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

I got nosey again this morning on break & checked again to make sure I had the right time & the right race & the rice silk. I noticed the "morning line"....that's what the book makers do...they had Ethan winning the race...so I sent the info to my friend Jay who gambles & wins alot, he said Yep that's what that is. So of course, I felt pressure all day. he he he
So I raced home so I could watch the race live & I got to the Hold All Tickets screen, the race was over. Then they showed the photo finish with Ethan's nose touching the line & the other dog a good head behind...to show...
So I'm sitting there saying out loud, Win, Place or Show....Show show...he got a 3rd!!!
So they showed the replay & the announcer made it sound like he came in 4th instead, but then she said Hold All Tickets. So then I checked the results & show nuff...puppy got himself a 3rd!!! I love him no matter what. :blkgrey:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Nov 16 2010, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 16 2010, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Great job Ethan. He was in the money.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 24 2010, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

I've been watching Track Info & so far he's not up for a race. Probably won't run til this weekend.
Thurles runs on Saturday. :blkgrey:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Nov 24 2010, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

okay keep us posted Hilda
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 27 2010, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

ooooh kay...Ethan runs in the 15th in #5 tomorrow afternoon. I told Smiley since 15 added together makes 6, that Ethan is dedicating this race to Smiley on his 6th birthday.
We have also put on our Christmas collars. I'm downloading pictures now.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 27 2010, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Pics?
^
Beryl
 Posted: Nov 27 2010, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

When???????
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 28 2010, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Well Smiley thought yesterday since he had on a new collar, that this meant a ride in the car...he was so excited he shook. I did finally get some pictures with my phone. I'm fixing to post them now.
But first Ethan runs in a while. Their races actually start around 4pm, so the 15th race...7:30ish. I think I'm just going to bring up their website & let it just run. Sometimes they get ahead of schedule.
Okay now for the Smiley Birthday Thread.
Puppy Ethan got a 7th. They sammiched him in, coming out of the box, so rather than hurt himself, he was smart enough to just run at the back & when an opening came up, he moved in for 5th. Then coming down the home stretch, they all crowded around him. That's okay, he's just a baby. Grade B is alittle tough for him. So he'll probably drop to C which I'd rather see him do that & get some experience. :blkgrey:

12/4 10:23 pm
Ethan ran in the 11th race this afternoon, he came in 5th. He trailed almost the entire race, then at the home stretch came in 5th. That's pretty good. I don't think he's a grade B racer, maybe a C or D. Plus he's still trying to learn that track, so he's doing good for such a young pup.
I know he's having a good time, you can see how he's excited about the race & the ending...where he finally catches up to the lure... :blkgrey:

12/10
Ethan runs again Sunday afternoon in the 6th race. Their races start at 4pm central time, so that'll put him in around 5:15cst. Still dark, still cold.
12/12 2:07pm :blkgrey:
I hope their track at BR isn't like Southlands, freezing on top & then the warming system is thawing it from underneath & making it mushy. When I was over there Friday night, you could see the sand was deep & a friend of mine with a racing dog said they were saying the track was "slow". The times were really high.
:bitchilly: December 12 4:55pm :blkgrey:

Ethan's race is cancelled due to the cold weather. Its only 10 there. So we're having a heat wave here. :nana:
12/15
Ethan came in 3rd in his race. He dropped to Grace C, went to a longer course 679 and came in 3rd...I love it.
:blkgrey:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Dec 15 2010, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

WTG Ethan you did better than Bluto did today
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Ethan's Seal Races | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (12) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll