Beryl
 Posted: Sep 20 2010, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Awards: 1

Balyn (pronounced Bay-Lin) is a male neutered greyhound, White with Brindle spots on his eyes, and a silly ear that flaps over his head. He somehow escaped his house in Wagontown, PA Saturday, 9/20 around Noon (not sure if Saturday or 9/20 is correct here). He is wearing a black adopt a greyhound martingale collar, and has at least 2 tags on that collar identifying him.

His address is 101 East Clearview Drive, Coatesville PA. It is right off of Red Mill Road and Route 340, in Wagontown. He is usually a friendly guy, but may be scared since he is very attached to my mom (his owner) and has been away from her for so long now. He was adopted from NGAP last January. We don't have any flyers for pick up at this time. We have called all local vets, vet ER's, the police and the local SPCA/Humane Society. We have also placed signs at local pet stores and will be printing more for convenience stores.

If you have any information, please contact me - Amber 610-952-3480 or her mom, Marge 484-239-5228.

This dog is Amber's mom's baby, and she is beside herself right now. She is an active member of Great Dane rescue and was given this forum information when she asked for help. Thank you all for your time.
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Sep 20 2010, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Prayers they find him.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Beryl
 Posted: Sep 21 2010, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

more on GT will try and get the info when I come home from work
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Sep 21 2010, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Come on pup, let them find you.
^
Beryl
 Posted: Sep 21 2010, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

There is a slew of people out looking for him and posting flyers hope they find him soon

SIGHTINGS!!!

I've just gotten back from Coatesville and there has been a credible sighting. Baylyn was seen last night in an area that is very close to his home. His Mom is going out tonight around dusk to see if he comes back out in the same area.

A large area around his house was flyered today but if he's not brought home tonight there's more flyering that can be done. NGAP's trap is also being brought up from Philly tomorrow evening by Terri (greyhoundlover2) when she gets off work.

Let's hope this boy stays in this area and we can bring him home soon. All help would be appreciated with putting up flyers as this is a pretty rural area and the houses and neighborhoods are spread out.

PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Sep 26 2010, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Any updates?
^
Beryl
 Posted: Sep 26 2010, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

just found this on GT

Bayln has been caught. He's on his way home!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Sep 26 2010, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Great news.

:cheer: :cheer:
^
Beryl
 Posted: Sep 26 2010, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

waiting for more information on him
:confetti: :cheer: :confetti: :cheer: :confetti:
Posted Today, 05:40 PM on greytalk

Ok everyone...here's the details. After standing in the middle of nowhere asking my sweet angel Chelsea for help in bringing him home and Sue practicing her Animal Communicator skills, we got a call from Dave, the owners son in law, that there had just been a sighting. We met Dave and all went in his truck to the area. As we were driving I'm thinking to myself "this can't be, it must be 2 miles further from where he was yesterday! The man who called the sighting in described him perfectly! DAve dropped Sue and I off so we could canvas the area, talk to people and put up flyers while he went to drive around. Dave came FLYING up the road saying he just saw him along the tree line. With that we took out the portable grills we bought last night and asked a woman if we could use her property to light the grills, put hamburgers on and see if that would lure him out. She not only let us, she lit her grill and we cooked on that too! Well, apparently it did the trick cause I got a call from Dave saying Balyn was headed our way and that he was going to follow him. I'm standing on this womans deck, Sue is down the road watching for him in another spot and we hear Dave yelling our names. I was afraid to respond for fear that Balyn was in the area and we'd scare him off but it turns out Dave was yelling because he had him!!!!! Sue met up with Dave, who was carrying Balyn and they put him in Sues' car and came back to where we were. Well, it turns out that Dave somehow got ahead of Balyn, layed down in the field, buried his head and held a treat up in the air. Balyn took a bite, realized there was a human attached to the treat and took off! The gods were smiling because Balyn decided to come back for the rest of the treat and Dave tackled him!
I don't know if anyone is aware of this but the actual owner of Balyn had to leave Wednesday night to go to New York because her 79 year old mother had open heart surgery and it didn't go well. She felt horrible leaving but I promised her we would do everything in our power to get her boy back. When I had the great pleasure of calling her today she couldn't even talk she was crying so hard. Her mom is improving and her little boy is home safe...what a truly beautiful day!!!!!!!!
Balyn has a few scrapes and lots of ticks but seems to be ok. He was on his way to Daves next door neighbor who is a vet when Sue and I left to come home.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Sue, Dave, Amber, Donnamarie, Cathy Clark, Tricia, Debbie, Bobbi, Tracy and Carrie for all your help flyering, sorry if I missed anyone, and to all the wonderful people that I know were sending Balyn their prayers.
I'm a very bug bitten, tired, happy lady tonight!
PM
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Sep 26 2010, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Sep 27 2010, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
^
Beryl
 Posted: Sep 27 2010, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

last post on GT
resting and tired
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound Alerts | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll