Posted: Jul 18 2010, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 1

I will add this for ncgreyhounds.

Fort Worth Animal Control Cruelty Investigation Officers took 28 dogs into custody Thursday night, July 8, 2010. Greyhound Adoption League of TX was contacted as greyhounds were included in the seizure. At GALT’s request, Greyhounds Unlimited (GU) joined in this effort, as GALT and GU are the only adoption groups in the DFW/north Texas area to help stray and shelter greyhounds. Friday morning, representatives from GALT and GU met with Diane Whiteley, the Executive Director of the Texas Greyhound Association, to assess the dogs. Eight were taken by each group. Wednesday, July 14, GALT took one more female and with that now all 28 dogs are with adoption groups.

You can see these malnourished and tick ridden dogs on YouTube.

Both Carpe Canem and 2HoundsDesign will be running large auctions for GALT and GU in the near future, and Northcoast Greyhounds has already put one up for GALT, another for GU will follow soon: see this fabulous necklace at GREYTSTUFF on eBay.

Most of all, contributions of any size directly to the group will be appreciated and put to good use. You can see individual pictures of the dogs on the GALT and GU websites.

Of course, once rehabilitated, these poor mistreated dogs will all need homes, too- no greater gift!

Cara Brockhoff
Northcoast Greyhounds
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
allforgreys
 Posted: Jul 18 2010, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

Awards: None

good thoughts for everyone involved.
PM
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Jul 18 2010, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

This was so sad to see when the video first came out. Terri and I donated money to help.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jul 18 2010, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

I am going to donate at least one coat and some belly bands. I have 2 gold pins that Mary gave me for the auction and she said one was donated off of a vendor at the VA Hospital. I don't know if I will get the coats & Belly bands done for the Carpe Canem Auction but maybe I can figure something out for her to put up.
I can take pictures of the pins and let Cara decide which auction to put them on
It is a shame about those poor pups and I hope they all find loving homes soon
just sent a picture of a Jeff Gordon gh coat to Carpe Canem I will donate. I have to see what I have completed to see if I can donate more
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jul 19 2010, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

:handclap:
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jul 19 2010, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

I am going through some of my stuff and will get a package together for GALT so they can do what they want with it. What about some used racing muzzles?

Susan the owner of the pharmacy just sent me an e-mail and wants to help so maybe I can ask her to donate the corn cream for the auction - what do you think. For Fancy's auction someone bought it outright....
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound 911 | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll