Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Kt's Thurles, my pre-adopt #2, Still racing at Southland add to our VK
Hilda
 Posted: Sep 4 2011, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 1

Thank you.
20 races tomorrow starting at 1pm.
Thurles, Stevie Pree, Rhythm, Remy & Rip all running. Cheryl is taking her camera because Thurles is running in the #1 silk, and I don't have any pictures and IF IF IF he doesn't hit the boards, that MIGHT be his last race. Of course knowing Thurles & being in the #1 box, he'll probably change his mind about retirement & win it. Which will be okay with me because he loves to race & I'm right there with him all the way.

:blkgrey:

Well we had such a good time today at the track. Stevie Pree came in 4th but we were all really happy about that since he flipped & slammed into a wall a week ago.
Fly ByU Remyroo came in 2nd. She is such a beautiful runner. Graceful too. We were really excited for her, although she still didn't "break her maiden" so she'll try again.
Then it was Thurles' race. Me & Ed had the "talk" before the race...if he graded down was Ed going to retire him. Well he really wanted him to run until he was 5 which is next Sunday, 9/11. I said Well you know this is his 3rd C race & if he doesn't hit the boards, then he grades down. Ed said Well he's in the #1 box & he always does good in that box. So I let it go at that. I reminded him today was #223.
So the race begins, Thurles broke out of the box clean & in the lead. Down the front stretch, into the escape & still in the lead. Across the back stretch getting further away from everyone except this one dog. Then "the top of the hill" & down the front/home stretch & further away...he had it. You could see the power in that dog's gallop he knew he was winning & he wasn't slowing down.
When they picked him up & took his silk off, he trotted off the track...the lead out called his number & I shouted #1 dog! I always thank them when they hand me his muzzle & his leash & they always smile, they know I love that boy.
Yes this means he'll run at least 3 more times in Grade B & 3 more times in Grade C but when you see them enjoying what they're doing...why take it away from them.
Maybe he'll make it to 230???
Oh I forgot to add, Rhythm won his race today, James Joyce won his race, Rip came in 6th,
And NO accidents. I just hold my breath when they go into the escape turn. The track was running deep and the times were good. No accidents. Whew... :cheer:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Sep 6 2011, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

:cheer:
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Hilda
 Posted: Sep 24 2011, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

What a fun day today at Southland. There's quite a few people who are at the track every weekend, Vicki & Danny are a couple who are in partnership with Cheryl on a couple of doggies, Rt Down Broadway, Fly ByU RemyRoo & MyT Rhythm Drive....Broadway is going to be racing in Florida later this month. Remy raced today, so when I got to Southland today around noon, Vicki Danny & Cheryl already had our seats at the bar in the kennel club.
Remy ran in the 8th race today & finally, bless her heart, broke her maiden. Now she'll grade up to D. She is a really humble little dog...loves being loved on. After her race, we followed the pickup girl to the cool shed & watched her get cleaned up & we loved on her. After that we stopped in the Racing Secretary's office to kid around with him and Cheryl had to do an errand real quick before Thurles' race #10. So I stayed in the office & talked to Kevin.
Suddenly I realized Thurles' introduction was coming up so I asked Kevin if I could watch & he said sure. When he opened the door, there stands Thurles!!! He saw me & wagged his tail. I told him I loved him & some of the lead outs grinned real big. They know me as his momma!
Thurles came in 8th in his race, he's bidding his time, but he still loves racing. He still gives 100% .... after the races, I tell him he did a fantastic job. He practically dragged me back to the cool shed & I washed the sand off his face, cleaned out his eyes & cooled him off. I told him I loved him & I'd see him soon. I didn't care if he came in 1st or 8th. hugz
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Sep 25 2011, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

hugz
^
Hilda
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Saturday was fun at Southland. I met Cheryl over there close to noon & we watched her dog Fly ByU RemyRoo race, she came in 2nd. That is the sweetest puppy girl. She's so humble. She loves getting kisses after her race.
I came home afterwards, but before I left Southland I asked Ed if I could meet him for weight in at 6pm. He said sure.
Another chapter in Thurles' pre-adoption life. So I got there at 5:45 and put my stuff at the bar at the Kennel Club with my friend Vicki. Then I went down to the shed & waited.
Here came Ed about 6:15 and I held on to Thurles' leash like a little kid. I walked along with Ed & petted/patted on Thurles who kept looking up at me.
When we got inside, of course everyone stopped talking & looked at the new person. Then realizing who I was, they all went back to talking. They're a tight bunch of people. Afterwards, Ed & I stood outside & talked, then I went back to the Kennel Club.
When it came time for Thurles' race, I went down to the rail, watched him get a nice 5th and then cleaned him up. My friend Cheryl had a dog to pickup also, so we walked together. Thurles knows her better than me, so with her walking in front of him with her dog, he tried to catch up to Cheryl instead of walking with me. I thought it was funny.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 3 2011, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

good race for Thurles.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Oct 15 2011, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

A happy dog runs good. Thurles came in 3rd today. Pretty good for a 5 yr old racing in his 229th race. He held on to the 2nd position until the last turn, then the #5 dog came up & closed it. Great race for everyone.

This is "us" at weigh in this morning. This is better than a real good cup of coffee!!!

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/Thurles2291015.jpg)
Get me a drink of water:

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/thurles10152.jpg)

Congratulations to KT's Thurles on his #230th race, placing 4th!!! Old man is still hittin' the boards. I am so proud of him. He was so funny, they were leading him down the ramp off the track & suddenly he turned around & wanted to go back after Rusty. Me & the lead out cracked up laughing!

THEN...
Congratulations to Ethan's Seal on his 1st place tonight. He came from behing, bumped & slammed to win his race at Dubuque!
DB is about 10 minutes faster at their races, so before Thurles' race #9, I had one of my friends change the monitor to Mystique's races & we caught Ethan's race...wow!!!
Just a fun night. All pups finishing safely!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 26 2011, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Great pictures. YEAH Pups on your race results.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Oct 29 2011, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Thurles came in 4th today. Afterwards, we spent about 30/45 minutes together. I walked him for a while, then I sat with him & kissed on his face. I likes that. I helped load him up with Moody & then off he went until next week.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Oct 29 2011, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (Pipi5 @ Oct 29 2011, 06:56 PM)
Thurles came in 4th today. Afterwards, we spent about 30/45 minutes together. I walked him for a while, then I sat with him & kissed on his face. I likes that. I helped load him up with Moody & then off he went until next week.

Awesome. :cheer:
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 23 2011, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Nov 23 2011, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

What a great retirement party this is going to be!!! I wish I was closer.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 25 2011, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

This has been a most exciting week. Thurles ran his last Grade C race 11/12...he came in 9th. I was happy, but still felt the stress of was he going to race in Grade D after we had all decided against it. Well unfortunately Ed has been under alot of pressure/stress also, he's got dogs in from the auction at Abilene, then was gone for a few days to bring 7 dogs in from Texas, then send 4 dogs out & totally forgot about pulling Thurles' papers from the Racing office...so that slide Thurles into the Grade D race on Monday 11/21.
I felt like a 100 lb concrete coat was on me. I've even developed fever blisters. So I took 2 hrs off on Monday because Thurles was in the very 1st race.
I got there & turned in my badge/license because I knew there was just no way he would win this race, I felt a connection between us & felt that he was ready for retirement. Ready to come home.
When he walked by me at post parade, I whispered, Don't get anything better than 5th. He looked at me, did his little jump up, licked his nose (all signals) and walked on.
Ed came out & watched with me & I said so is this it? He said Well let me see how he does with this race. I could only smile to myself.
The boxes opened, Thurles was in third. Into the escape turn & out, he's in 5th. The track was sloppy & slow, he held on to the 5th...almost like he was obeying me. Crossed the finish....in 5th.
I clinched my fist & whispered, YES!!! Ed walked beside me & said I'll call you when he's ready.
I walked on over & Toni (the trainer) brought him to me to say hello, goodbye, I love you & see you soon. I wanted Toni to take him to the cool shed so they could say their goodbyes.
Then I went home. I then felt the weight of that 100 lb concrete coat come off of me. He's coming home, soon.
I figured it would take a few days, maybe a week to get him vetted & then I figured Ed would keep him until his stiches came out.
Much to my surprise, I got THE phone call on Wednesday at 2:52 in the afternoon! I would be there at 5pm to pick him up & now he is at home.
I can't tell if he's relaxed, has eased into retirement or what...let me have your opinion.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/112511_1211.jpg)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 25 2011, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

aww. That is so awesome. :yah:
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Ethan's Seal Races | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll