2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Nov 5 2010, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Rep: none

Awards: None

This morning I let the hounds out as usual but they were gone when I went to let them back in. Panic mode of course. Apparently somebody, most likely the city water meter reader, left the gate open. I xxxxed sure don't use that gate. I've spent the day searching driving all over the place and getting lost myself at times. But I can read street signs, hounds can't. Around noon some folks whom I don't know brought Blitza over to a next door neighbor and asked her if they know who's dog she was. She did. When I'd gotten back from my latest round of searching, she was waiting on my neighbor's porch. She's now asleep on the couch. Sadly, search as I might, an holler as I might, I could not find him. My neighbor also went out and searched for awhile. No dice. She did tell me that he'd been sighted at the golf course. Which is a good two miles from the house. I went over there and inquired but nobody had seen him that I talked to. And they don't exactly let you driv!
> e your truck all over a golf course.
>
> I've called the city, several times, to see if they had him. Nope. I called the vet clinic where I was told that the city uses as a holding place for found dogs. Nope. I called the after hours number for animal control and alerted them. So far nope. I don't know how much actual searching for lost dogs that they do though. I could hear the guy's kids in the background so I'd doubt that he's going to actually go out and search. It's dark now and I've run out of places to search.
>
> So what I'm asking is all of the white light, prayers to the diety of your choice, mojo, spells, what ever ya got for his safe return. He has absolutely NO sense as to traffic so I fear that he'll get run over. Marshfield isn't all that big a town but apparently even a gimpy 10 year old hound can get quite aways away in practically no time. I'm exausted and very disheartened. Worse yet, it's forecast to get down to freezing here tonight. And like most greyhounds, Buckwheat's fur coat is quite thin. He's out there somewhere. I desparately hope still alive. But the weather reports for the next few days don't look all that promising. At or below freezing temps every night. And not all that xxxxed warm during the day. So please, all of that help that I can get. Phone number is 417-859-2286 if someone wants to call and offer moral support. The email remains the same. arriba@pdq.net . Provided the internet connection holds up. That can be a problem out here sometim!
> es. Phone is a land line phone. I don't have a cell phone. So pour all of the good vibes that y'all have time for that I get my poor old Buckwheat back. Safe.
>
> Donna (for Diane)
PMEmail Poster
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 5 2010, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: 1

Hope they find the pup soon.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Nov 5 2010, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 38

he is safely back home. More later.
PMEmail Poster
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 5 2010, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

:cheer: :cheer:
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
TheBigBoys
 Posted: Nov 5 2010, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 58

:yah: :yah: :yah: Always love to hear those three words, he or she IS HOME
PM
^
Beryl
 Posted: Nov 5 2010, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

:yah: :confetti: :cheer: :confetti: :yah:
PM
^
TheBigBoys
 Posted: Nov 7 2010, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 58

Thank Goodness :cheer:
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound Alerts | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll