Hilda
 Posted: Nov 28 2010, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: 1

Today is Smiley's 6th birthday. To me its a super special birthday.
Smiley was found as a stray in Waco Texas. Its a heart breaking story & I just boo hoo sometimes when I think of him being out alone. When I read about a lost greyhound, I feel like I know what they're going through, afraid, alone, not knowing where their home is anymore, when will they eat again, how will they find shelter.
They don't know how long Smiley was out...but his coat was reddish brown, he was about 15/20 lbs underweight. But through it all, once he was found, he got his name quickly because he smiled for them.
When GALT posted that story & that picture, I was hooked. I had lost my puppy Gogh in February of that year & I had just lost Halo to seizures...so I wondered how much more I could take, but it was like Smiley lift that grey curtain hanging over me. He gave me hope.
BUT...because he had a high level of heartworms, he had to stay in Texas for another 8 months. But his foster mom sent me pictures & stories all the time. When he would go in for treatments, she'd either email or text me, always with the same results...he's still negative.
They went ahead though & approved me for his adoption in October, right there around what would've been Gogh's 7th birthday. Ironically he came up negative on the day of Gogh's bridge anniversary...so to me that was a sign from Gogh that he approved of Smiley for me.
Anyway...on March 6, 2010 I met that sweet boy & it was even more love at first sight. For such a young dog, he has alot of interesting grey on him. But I figured for what he went through, its deserving grey hairs.
So this passed October, my friend of a long time Christine who bought Hurricane Houndesigns Collars & renamed it Blue Paw Designs after her beautiful blue boy Bevo passed away, had made me some collars for Ethan with little seals on them. I told her to be on the look out for any smilie material & she surprised me with this Christmas collar for him. Its got Christmas Smilies on it. This was going to be our first Christmas together & I wanted it to be super special. This was also our first birthday for him together & what better way to show him how special he is than to give him is own special Christmas collar on his special birthday. I told him lil Ethan is running today in the 15th race, which when you add the 2 numbers together make 6 for Smiley's 6th birthday. So here's some pictures of him with his special collar on.
This was while they were outside doing victory laps, he stopped to watch 2 yr old Kandy to the final lap. That's the present from last Christmas that my friend Shannon sent to him.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/smileycollar.jpg)

Then I tried getting a picture of the collar & this is the look I kept getting:
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/smielyneck.jpg)

Then he got cute, and play bowed for me...
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/smileymightysmiley.jpg)

Yesterday when I put the collar on him, he was so excited he shook. I think he wore himself out. Later he was laying on the futon watching the cat.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/smileychristmas.jpg)

Here's the one that stole my heart though.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/4.jpg)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Nov 28 2010, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

:cheer: :bday: :cheer:
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Nov 28 2010, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

We napped, watched NCIS and relaxed today. I gave them some ice cream & then after their dinner, some Dentastix. Everyone gobbled theirs down, but Smiley went outside in the night air & enjoyed his. Sometimes I think he dreams about his past & then realizes his future is bright. Here he is enjoying his goodie.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/smiley1128.jpg)
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/smiley11282.jpg)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Nov 29 2010, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

Rep: none

:bday: Happy Birthday Smiley!! :bday:

You are so precious!!! I know you'll be spoiled rotten a little extra today!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Nov 29 2010, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Happy Birthday Smiley.

:bday: :bday: :bday: :cheer:
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
mom2greys
 Posted: Nov 29 2010, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 6

Awards: None

:cheer: Happy Birthday Smiley :cheer:
PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Nov 29 2010, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

:cheer: :confetti: :bday: :confetti: :cheer:
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Dec 1 2010, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

They were so funny this afternoon. Smiley & Kandy have been trying to play tag & I call them down for it. So this afternoon I put muzzles on the youngsters (Jack Pipi Kandy & Smiley) and let the two teens just do whatever.
They ran & ran...safely. Even Gabby who's 13 1/2 took off after them...I knew she wouldn't do anything rambuncious.
I ended up getting alot of scratches on my pants from everyone trying to get muzzles off. Slobber & black pants...that's normal around here. :bitchilly: :TKu_1:
I gotta go find the tree to decorate...
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Dec 1 2010, 10:23 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

love it when the play tag - mine race in the yard and through the house. No wonder I can't keep the floor clean - I swear they track that dirt in on purpose
PM
^
TheBigBoys
 Posted: Dec 2 2010, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 58

Awards: None

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY SMILEY :happybd:I LOVE that last picture with the big grin, OMG I just wanted to give that sweet boy a big kiss
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Dec 5 2010, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

I tell ya, Smiley is a super special dog. If I didn't know better, I'd swear all 3 of my black greyhounds at the bridge got together & mixed in a little bit of each one of them into the Smiley formula. He's got a little bit of each of their personalities.
This morning when I woke up, Gabby was curled up at my knees, Jack was at my bum & Smiley was at my back with his nose under my neck.
He knows exactly how to lay down next to a person, how to curl up at my back or if I'm facing in his direction, how to curl his legs so he can snuggle face to face.
I think he would have made a first time owner, a perfect greyhound. He's so easy & there was no teaching him anything. Of course he was in foster care for 8 months, but she didn't try to bond with him because she was afraid he'd become attached to her & have problems bonding with me.
But someone had to have had him as a pet...Its sad sometimes because I wonder if they know what happened to him. Maybe they check Greydata & see he's okay. hugz hugz
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Beryl
 Posted: Dec 5 2010, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

These pups bonding is sensational - look at the Fort Worth pups and what they went through and how well they bonded with the foster parents plus the forever parents....
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll