2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Jan 1 2011, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Rep: none

Awards: None

Lost Greyhound (104th and Irma) http://denver.craigslist.org/laf/2138684058.html
Date: 2011-01-01, 11:51AM MST
Reply to: comm-fudbq-2138684058@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Lost Male, White, Greyhound. 5 years old with 1105 tattoo'd in one of his ears. Brindle patch above his right eye. Answers to "Bandit" No collar but is micro-chipped. Escaped last night at midnight from the Regatta Apartments. If you have any information on Bandit please contact me asap at 970-219-4338 my name is LeAnn. Please help us get Bandit back, he is loved and missed terribly!!

LeAnn
970-219-4338
or
Matt
303-817-1391

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jan 1 2011, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Awards: 1

praying that Bandit will be found soon
PM
^
2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Jan 2 2011, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

owner posted update on facebook: I just dont understand! Either Bandit didnt make it through the night because it was so cold.... Or someone has him and wont call either my or animal control.. I have fliers EVERYWHERE, I've posted on every community site and pet finder I can find. I have put ads in the newspapers, notified ALL local shelters and animal control dispatchers and still we cant find him.. Whoever you are, give us back our dog!!!!!!!!!

Update: From LeAnn: Still nothing..... We posted more fliers, went back tot he shelter and drove around handing out fliers with his picture to neighbors and through the housing tracks around our apartments... We have an incredible support system here

FROM LEANN

We found him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I asked her for details and the story later!)

PUT A STEAK ON THE GRILL FOR THAT PUP!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
PMEmail Poster
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 4 2011, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Great news. :cheer:
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jan 5 2011, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

Tina what is the story of this pup so happy that they found him
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PM
^
2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Jan 5 2011, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

To all who helped our beloved greyhound who escaped and was missing for 4 days, this is his story........

On New Years eve just after midnight my family and two of our friends stepped outside to watch some fireworks and Bandit, our greyhound, slipped out with us without a collar. Being that he never goes far I didnt think much of it and walked slowly down the hall while talking to some people. When we rounded the building to get Bandit he was nowhere to be found. We searched fields, the entire apartments complex, drove through neighborhoods and screamed his name until 4am. We were devastated.. I quickly put together some missing signs and posted them all over our complex. New Years Day came and everything was closed so our looking was very limited but we posted Lost and Missing information on every lost pet site and online community we could think of. I even posted an ad in the Denver Post. James, the president of Friends of Retired Greyhound, sent out a mass email and then I received a call from Tina, who saw my ad on Fido Finder and she began sending out information to all she knew. By Sunday morning there were thousands of people looking for Bandit. We scowered the animal shelters and contacted Animal Control in both Northglenn and Thornton, as well as police dispatch. We posted fliers at the Petco and Petsmart in our area and tried to follow tracks in the snow.. On Monday again, we tried making the round of phone calls and tried the shelters again to no avail. After many tears and reassuring our three year old that we would find his puppy Tuesday morning came. At 9am I recieved a phone call from James that Bandit had been found. I was so excited that I'm pretty sure that poor James is now deaf in an ear! A couple who live in the housing community across the street from us had found Bandit in their front yard shortly after he disappeared. They kept him in their home, warm and safe until they could get him to a vet to have his chip scanned. Bandit is now safe at home with new couch privileges and is being showered with kisses and hugs.. Thank you to everyone who took time out of your busy lives to look for our "other" child. We are eternally grateful!!!

If you would like to meet Bandit and see who you helped save, we will be at the Greyhound Meet and Greet at the Petco on 120th and Washington on Saturday January 8th from 11am till 1pm. Bring your hearts because there will be greyhounds in need of loving families too!! Thank you so much!!!

Carpe Diem! Quan Minimum Credula Postero!!

PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jan 5 2011, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Very nice people to take him in out of the cold
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 5 2011, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

There still nice people out there. Great story and glad Bandit is home safe and sound.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound Alerts | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll