2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Jan 3 2011, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Rep: none

Awards: None

Sophie is a lost red brindle greyhound girl, 70 - 75lbs (a tall and long girl), spookie of course, lost in the Glendale / Burbank area up near the hills and near Brand Park. She and her house mate greyhound got out on 12.30 when the gardeners left both side gates open. The people friendly greyhound has been found but the other is still out there somewhere.

Their home is near the Glendale/Burbank border, Watson St, cross streets Watson and Alameda. Watson St is at the top of Alameda St along the Burbank Glendale line. It is not far from Brand Park off of Foothill and Mountain. The area is VERY hilly and there are so many side streets and long driveways for a spooky grey girl to hide. It is cold out there over night and we are hoping she is with someone who just does not know how to find her family. She had a collar and tag BUT we all know they sometimes fall off a panicked hound especially if someone tried to catch her.

Signs went up right away. The person who was able to get her greyhound housemate saw Sophie run off when she picked up the other girl. There have been several sightings, one indicated that she seemed to be in the area of their normal walking route.

Sophie is very very shy, scared of children. She probably won't come to a stranger, even if called. She shakes and is scared of strangers even when with her people who she adores and is very playful and loving with.

She is a FastFriends girl from Orange County and Joyce put calls out to their group and other groups in the area. As a result, greyhound people who live in the area, regardless of what group they are with, have stepped in to help out as well. Their other girl was wearing a FastFriends/GPA tag and that is who they called when they found her. FastFriends in turn, called her people and they were able to get her back right away.

Her owners are Joe and Kristina, they have lots of flyers at their house, and the area has been plastered with flyers. The problem is - it has been raining with wind and now some of the flyers are torn and have fallen off the poles. Kristina and I made 40+ florescent posters with pictures in plastic sleeves this evening. We did not put them up yet as it was raining pretty hard and we didn't want them ruined overnight. She is going to put them up first thing in the morning on poles at major intersections and freeway on/off ramps.

Kristina and Joe can be reached at 818 331-5489 and her email address is: redzenradish@gmail.com

Since this happened over the holiday weekend they haven't been able to contact vet offices. She is hoping to do that tomorrow. They have been able to hit some pet stores in the area and have been checking Pet Harbor several times a day. We are hoping that maybe someone picked Sophie up and is waiting to take her to a vet's office or shelter tomorrow.

Prayers for this girl getting home soon, it is cold and wet out there.

Here is her picture:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z173/ckruzan/MySophie.jpg

I've attached the flyer as well.
PMEmail Poster
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 3 2011, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Awards: 1

I pray they find her soon.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Jan 4 2011, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

From Kristina: No updates. People we stop say they've seen our fliers and after using lostmydoggie.com, we know neighbors got phone calls. We've had no sightings and she hasn't shown up at any shelters. Some shelters and businesses were closed yesterday so perhaps today SOMEONE will have seen her.

Thanks for all your suggestions and your concern! Keep those paws in prayer......it's been cold out there. I'm hoping Sophie found a warm place to hide from the rain (which stopped yesterday) and the cold

We've been concentrating closer to home, but we're working with a greyhound rescue organization -(note: They will start expanding the search)..

Posted Yesterday, 09:30 PM

They received another call today, a guy saw her on Sunday night and followed her slowly with his car. She heard something and ran into someone's backyard. The guy jumps out of his car, knocks on the door of the house and the woman who answered didn't care and didn't want to help, so he couldn't get into the backyard. I'm guessing he just saw a sign with their number on it today and called the sighting in. This helps a lot as it they've mapped out where she is, less than 1/2 mile from home. More emails have gone out for requesting volunteers with greyhounds to patrol the area early in the mornings and later in the evenings. Fingers crossed.
PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jan 6 2011, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

praying that they will find her soon
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 11 2011, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

It's been awhile. Any news?
^
2NOFLEAS
 Posted: Jan 12 2011, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Possible sighting Tuesday, January 11 @ 7:15pm. Sighting was a deep chested dog, high tuck, short fur, light in color, trotting w/head down. Heading downhill on Allen. This is the general vicinity of where she has been seen before and during the times she has been seen before, most sightings have been between 7:30pm - 9:00pm. This is near her normal walking route.

I was at the bottom of a hill walking w/Carl, Kristina was behind me. I was looking up at the crest of the hill when I ever so briefly saw what looked exactly like a greyhound cross the sidewalk. If it was her, she is only blocks (approx 1,400+ feet as the crow flies) from home. We didn't see her by the time we got to the top of the hill. We went down Allen and scoured the area, both sides of the street. Maybe she was heading for her "safe" place. This was only 2 blocks from where she and Charlotte were originally seen and where Charlotte was picked up.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=...5,0.009645&z=17 SEE sighting G on map
Here is what I understand happened tonight:

Starting last night we had a new strategy, we staked out key intersections where she had been seen over the last 2 weeks, parked our cars and watched. She had been sighted between 7 and 9, so we all took an intersection, turned our cars off and watched.

A man saw her out on the street high at the top of the hills (almost a 90degree angle from their house to the hill across the street) when he was taking his trash out. He thought she was a coyote at first, but realized by her shape she was a greyhound. He called Kristina. By the time I got up there she was gone, but he told me she was still wearing her tag collar (!!!) and she trotted down the street. This kind man saw my little flashlight and handed me a GIANT spotlight to take with me. I drove around the hills, but it turns out she had gone downhill to the north of where he saw her.

One of the people involved in the search, Deb W. saw her and started tracking her, a stranger with people in the car did as well and calling Kristina and telling her where she was and following her in her car. She was trotting, took time to pee, kept trotting. Kristina and Joe caught up in their car. She was near Kristina, she called out her name, looked at Kristina had what seemed to be a moment of recognition and went into the street where cars stopped for her. Joe called her name, she recognized it and walked over to him and he put her collar and leash on her. They got her in the car and immediately drove her to the e-vet.

They said she was dehydrated and had lost something like 12 lbs. Her paws are in good shape, has an abrasion on her chest which may have a little infection and they found 3 ticks on her. They are going to do sub-q fluids and waiting on her bloodwork and UA before they release her from the hospital.

Many thanks to all those involved in the search! More as it comes in. In the mean time, everyone make sure your gates are locked up tight and give your dogs a big hug and kiss!

Sophie is now home sleeping in her bed with her partner, Charlotte, and her people, Kristina and Joe.

All good.
PMEmail Poster
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jan 14 2011, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PM
^
TheBigBoys
 Posted: Jan 14 2011, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 58

:yah: :yah: :yah: :confetti: :confetti: :confetti: :party018: GREAT NEWS.
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 14 2011, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Awesome news.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Greyhound Alerts | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll