Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
Sorry, guests cant view the shoutbox!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Introduction
Rhonda12510
 Posted: Jan 11 2011, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

Hello, all!

I'm just introducing us. My name is Rhonda, and I have one hound, Pepper. She is my first greyhound. She is a 7 1/2 year old dark brindle sweetie. I adopted her from the greyhound rescue where I have been volunteering. She raced for 13 months, and didn't do very well at it, but she ran her fastest race on my birthday in 2005 so she must have been meant to be my dog! She was adopted out, lived in a home for awhile, and ended up back at the rescue for unfortunate and sad reasons.

She lives with my family (myself, husband and four children), two cats, one parrot, one guinea pig, and 4 aquariums full of fish.

She is a very nice girl and adapting to our home very well. She loves to take walks, ride in the car, and play with toys in the yard. She doesn't like to be alone, but we figure she's probably a little confused and insecure due to her past. We all love her dearly and can't imagine how we could have ever missed the greyhound bus for so long. But, we're on it now and enjoying the ride!

Hello to everyone, and I look forward to talking hounds with you all!

Rhonda and Pepper
:blkgrey:
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Jan 11 2011, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 1

:wc1: Rhonda. Glad you joined us. Can't wait to hear all about Pepper and your other pets too. hither
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Adrianne
 Posted: Jan 12 2011, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Awards: None

Hi Rhonda. :greet013: I'm new here too, although I'm not new to greyhounds.

Yep, it sounds like Pepper was meant to be with you.
PMEmail Poster
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jan 12 2011, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Hi Rhonda, Welcome!!! I can't wait to hear the adventures of Pepper.
My very first greyhound was a dark brindle female...she spoiled me rotten.
Sounds like your house is always full of love & fun.
:placerocks: hither :greet013: :hello:
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
DonnaBehr
 Posted: Jan 12 2011, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 68

Welcome Rhonda. This is a nice place to be. Looks like Pepper found the right family the second time around. :yah:
PMEmail Poster
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Jan 12 2011, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

hither Nice to see ya found us Rhonda! :placerocks:
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
TheBigBoys
 Posted: Jan 12 2011, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 58

Hi Rhonda and :wc1: we like it when someone new jumps on the greyhound bus, you probably won't ever be able to get off now, I have been riding that bus for 20 years now and don't ever plan on getting off :D Sounds like Pepper did alot better the second time around and is very much loved :love01:
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jan 12 2011, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Its kinda like the bus of no return. he he he
I keep thinking, okay these are it. No more...then BAM...I fall in love with one that needs a couch. he he he
Its kind of a childhood dream coming true. My uncle worked for Greyhound Bus Lines. My dad used to go to the old dog track in W. Memphis before it burned & they re-built it as Southland. So its kind of like it was born in me.
I've never owned dogs so unique & so loving & so loyal. hugz
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Rhonda12510
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

Thank you all for the nice messages. Yes, I see myself riding the bus to the end of the line now. I have really enjoyed being around the hounds at the rescue and being with mine now. I have had Labs before. They are great dogs as well, but wow what a difference in personality! I really loved my Lab, but I LOVE Pepper's temperament. I still can't figure out why she was left by her family. She has not done one small thing wrong in the house since I got her 6 weeks ago. Maybe because I'm getting older (39 - ha!) or maybe something else, but I can't imagine myself having a puppy again, and I love their demeanor, beauty, care level (I realistically don't have the time to take excellent care of a workaholic dog like say a Border Collie), and they definitely have a sincere need, so the retired racer is the way to go for me! And saving someone from an untimely death is a win-win for everyone. I'll try to post some pictures soon.
^
HoundIsle
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 34

:wcwv1: :wcwv1: :wcwv1:

PMEmail Poster
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

QUOTE (Rhonda12510 @ Jan 13 2011, 01:51 PM)
Thank you all for the nice messages.  Yes, I see myself riding the bus to the end of the line now.  I have really enjoyed being around the hounds at the rescue and being with mine now.  I have had Labs before.  They are great dogs as well, but wow what a difference in personality!  I really loved my Lab, but I LOVE Pepper's temperament.  I still can't figure out why she was left by her family.  She has not done one small thing wrong in the house since I got her 6 weeks ago.  Maybe because I'm getting older (39 - ha!) or maybe something else, but I can't imagine myself having a puppy again, and I love their demeanor, beauty, care level (I realistically don't have the time to take excellent care of a workaholic dog like say a Border Collie), and they definitely have a sincere need, so the retired racer is the way to go for me!  And saving someone from an untimely death is a win-win for everyone.  I'll try to post some pictures soon.

I had a big 97 blue brindle named Brogan, he had been returned 4 times. Everytime...I kid you not, he was returned because "he was so big". Hello...did you not notice how big he was when you got him? When I got him he was 9 & was the sweetest ever. Never had a mean bone about him.
I got a call from the adoption kennel, We have this big blue greyhound that needs to be fostered for about 6 months...can you help out? I said sure. That was in May of 2000. July 2000 I got a call, They're not coming back to get him, you can keep Brogan. So I did. Then the people showed up in December 2000 wanting to see him. They thought he'd still be at the adoption kennel. They were told no, he's been adopted in Mississippi. He was 13 when he died....big ole boy full of love & like Pepper, no reason to be returned. I could understand being financially unable, but not because "he's so big".
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/19_18.jpg)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/04_02A.jpg)
He didn't realize how big he was. he he he
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
Rhonda12510
 Posted: Jan 17 2011, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Guests

--

QUOTE (Pipi5 @ Jan 15 2011, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (Rhonda12510 @ Jan 13 2011, 01:51 PM)
Thank you all for the nice messages.  Yes, I see myself riding the bus to the end of the line now.  I have really enjoyed being around the hounds at the rescue and being with mine now.  I have had Labs before.  They are great dogs as well, but wow what a difference in personality!  I really loved my Lab, but I LOVE Pepper's temperament.  I still can't figure out why she was left by her family.  She has not done one small thing wrong in the house since I got her 6 weeks ago.  Maybe because I'm getting older (39 - ha!) or maybe something else, but I can't imagine myself having a puppy again, and I love their demeanor, beauty, care level (I realistically don't have the time to take excellent care of a workaholic dog like say a Border Collie), and they definitely have a sincere need, so the retired racer is the way to go for me!  And saving someone from an untimely death is a win-win for everyone.  I'll try to post some pictures soon.

I had a big 97 blue brindle named Brogan, he had been returned 4 times. Everytime...I kid you not, he was returned because "he was so big". Hello...did you not notice how big he was when you got him? When I got him he was 9 & was the sweetest ever. Never had a mean bone about him.
I got a call from the adoption kennel, We have this big blue greyhound that needs to be fostered for about 6 months...can you help out? I said sure. That was in May of 2000. July 2000 I got a call, They're not coming back to get him, you can keep Brogan. So I did. Then the people showed up in December 2000 wanting to see him. They thought he'd still be at the adoption kennel. They were told no, he's been adopted in Mississippi. He was 13 when he died....big ole boy full of love & like Pepper, no reason to be returned. I could understand being financially unable, but not because "he's so big".
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/19_18.jpg)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/snowy8/04_02A.jpg)
He didn't realize how big he was. he he he

Ok. That seems strange. You would think they would have noticed the size. People are strange sometimes, and the dogs have to pay for it. Glad you took the big blue boy. I'm sure he ended up happier with you anyway. So good for him and you!
^
Beryl
 Posted: Jan 17 2011, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Hooked

Member No.: 7

Rep: 1 pts

Hello Rhonda I am the old lady here

Glad you are here join the gang and have fun, don't be afraid to post here, we are a relaxed group here on this board
PM
^
Hilda
 Posted: Jan 18 2011, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

We're very easy going.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
allforgreys
 Posted: Feb 2 2011, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 17

:hello: Very relaxing here.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Introduce Yourself | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll