dad2paisley
 Posted: Feb 4 2011, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: none

Awards: 1

This morning Bear sniffed out a rabbit in our backyard near our shrubs by our fence line. He didn't catch it but he almost did. This is good for Bear, since he is a crazy puppy boy still and has short attention spans.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
DonnaBehr
 Posted: Feb 4 2011, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Group: Members
Member No.: 68

Rep: 0 pts

Awards: None

Two of mine literally pulled a rabbit apart one night. I let them out around 2 AM - unusual but one of them had to go so the others all went out - and there was this mad scramble and Buddy proudly brought me the head and Brittne brought me the rear. I FREAKED. :tofunny:

I was able to get both of them to "drop it" but then I told Dick first thing in the AM he had to go out and scoop them up and find the middle section before I could let the dogs out again.

I think that is how they got the expression "dumb bunny". :nana:
PMEmail Poster
^
inquisitive snoop
 Posted: Feb 4 2011, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 46

Wednesday everything was iced over, my 8 refused to go down the stairs into the yard to go potty. They stood on the porch, looked at the steps then looked at me, looked at the steps, looked at me. Finally Clyde (Whippet) started barking, walked to the tip of the step and hit the ice with his nose then looked at me. They obedient slave got the ice chopper and made them a path.
PM
^
mountain4greys
 Posted: Feb 4 2011, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Jr Grey Pup

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (inquisitive snoop @ Feb 4 2011, 01:32 PM)
Wednesday everything was iced over, my 8 refused to go down the stairs into the yard to go potty.  They stood on the porch, looked at the steps then looked at me, looked at the steps, looked at me.  Finally Clyde (Whippet) started barking, walked to the tip of the step and hit the ice with his nose then looked at me.  They obedient slave got the ice chopper and made them a path.

:rofl: :rofl: They really have their ways of making us do stuff for them, don't they? :rofl:
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
^
TheBigBoys
 Posted: Feb 7 2011, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 58

Geez, I hate when mine get a rabbit,cleanup is always upsetting.
PM
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Feb 7 2011, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

We have smart ones, they know how to escape.
^
Hilda
 Posted: Feb 7 2011, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Grey Pup

Member No.: 15

Rep: 0 pts

Mine have not caught any rabbits, but my cat Holly has. But she brings them to the door for me. So I always put them over the fence & evidently they have learned to stay over there. HOWEVER, 4:45am 3 years ago...Gogh wakes me up to go outside. I open the back door & he takes off, runs into the holly bush & out with a bird. For a moment I thought a labrador had come out...this is my puppy greyhound who never showed any interest in racing but knew how to go straight into a sticky holly bush & get a sleeping bird.
I caught him as he ran into the house & grabbed the bird, took it back outside...checked it over, it was okay & I let it go....over the fence. he he he
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
^
dad2paisley
 Posted: Feb 8 2011, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Bear was tired out on Sunday, with my sister's grey and her 4 month old german sheppard puppy. Bear slept all night without a peep.
:cheer:
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll